FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- WordPress.com is a free and paid blogging platform, – no host required.
- You can have an extended URL or your own URL/Domain name on the above.
- WordPress.org is a WordPress Theme & Plugin repository (free downloads).
- In addition to the free WordPress Themes found in WordPress, get free Themes.
Is it easy to make a blog in WordPress?
- A WordPress blog can be a bit tricky & fiddly to begin, that is why we built this blog.
- Creating posts and pages in WordPress is kids play, exception the legal points.
Where do I find out more about Marketing & Advertising rules/policies?
- ASA CAP will check your web page for free. For a whole site check, they may charge.
What is domain authority? How do I improve my blogs DA?
- Domain Authority was created by Moz.com to better understand Google Search.
- You may want to use Moz’s free trial ONCE you have enough pages and posts.
Which Affiliate Programs are the best for bloggers?
There are two types of affiliate sites: Affiliate Programs & Affiliate Platforms/Networks.The best affiliate programs for bloggers really depends on a few factors, such as audience, age and habits. Generally trendy items will sell.
I’m not getting any traffic to my blog. What should I do?
- You can share your link on blog comments, forums and Facebook groups (accepting links).
- Create content (images & video) sharing on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok & LinkedIn.
- Use a good SEO (search engine optimisation) Plugin like: Yoast/Rank Math and Key Words.
What are Longtail Keywords? And why are they best to use?
- Longtail Keywords are intended to be specific and informative. But don’t make them up.
- You can either use an SEO Plugin, Google Keyword Planner or Keyword Research site.
- Simple Keywords are great for blog categories. Longtail for titles, headers & images.
Which are the common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid?
- Avoid using too many free Themes & Scripts, not all of them are secure/error free.
- Pro WP Themes generally have better coding, which means they are SEO friendly.
- Don’t post for the sake of posting. Wait until you have a good idea, then share it.
- SEO Plugins can make you think you need to write robotically. Feeling is needed.
- Do break up your blog with images, boxes, graphs, charts, videos and doodles.
- Post related topics and use Related Keywords to ensure you’ve covered everything.
- Accept both positive & negative criticisms and ask friends & bloggers how it looks.
- Never give up! No matter how hard or how long it takes. It can take months – years.